- The video shows two mice with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). The model is SOD1 G93A.
- One mouse was treated with a lipid metabolism inhibitor and is clearly mobile.
- The other mouse was treated with placebo and is immobile and unable to right itself.
- Treatment was initiated at 9 weeks of age when the animals were clearly diseased.
- Video was recorded at week 16 (end of study) after 7 weeks or treatment.
Credit: Video recorded by Dr. Michael Sloth Trabjerg, MD and Dennis Christian Andersen, medical student.